Class Gear List
• Long-sleeve shirt or jacket
• Long pants (heavy denim or riding pants recommended)
• Over-the-ankle boots (sturdy, not canvas, low heel)
• Eye protection (helmet visor, eye glasses, sun glasses, goggles acceptable)
• Full-finger gloves (motorcycle specific recommended)
• DOT-Certified helmet style based on the requirements of your state
• Other: pads, kidney belts, etc.
*Specific Adventure Touring gear is not required for this course, but it's specially designed for the type of riding you’ll be doing off-road. Here are some benefits of Adventure Touring specific gear:
Helmet: Choose a full-faced helmet. Those featuring a sun visor, room for goggles and an integrated dust filter work the best.
Boots: Over the calf boots provide stability and protection. they can also reduce fatigue from standing for long periods while riding.
Jacket and Pants: Adventure Touring jackets and pants are abrasion resistant and feature pockets for body armor. they are cut to let you move freely in both the standing and seated position.
Gloves: Adventure Touring gloves are vented and abrasion resistant. They’re designed to let your hands move freely because riding off-road may require greater control manipulation than riding on the street.