115th Dream American Ride Promotion
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: 115th Dream American Ride Promotion (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least twenty-one (21) years old at the time of entry. Participation in this Sweepstakes by taking a test ride or accepting the Grand Prize requires that entrant have a valid license to operate a motorcycle (Class M License). Employees of Harley-Davidson, Inc., and its participating dealers and retailers, affiliates, sales representatives, distributors and promotional and other vendor agencies, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, service agencies, independent contractors involved in the promotion , and the immediate family (parent, spouse, including common law spouse, sibling, child, grandparent, grandchild, regardless of where they reside) and household members of all such employees, are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Harley-Davidson, Inc., 3700 W. Juneau Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53208-2865. Administrator: HelloWorld, Inc., 3000 Town Center, Suite 2100, Southfield, MI 48075.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on April 1, 2018 and ends on June 30, 2018 (the "Promotion Period"). Consumers may enter during the regular business hours of participating Harley Davidson dealers.
4. How to Enter: This Sweepstakes includes a six (6) “Regional” Sweepstakes (one for each of the following Regions: Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, Plains, Southwest and West) and one (1) Grand Prize drawing. Consumers will be included in the applicable Regional Sweepstakes based on the location of the Harley-Davidson dealership where they enter or the Region designated on the mail-in entry and the Grand Prize drawing. For details about the geographic coverage in each Region, see this map.
There are two ways to enter:
Take a Test Ride: During the Promotion Period, visit a participating Harley-Davidson dealer and ask a sales representative to take a test ride of any Harley-Davidson motorcycle. You must have a valid Class M license to take a test ride and you will be required to complete an electronic waiver liability agreement at a Harley-Davidson Dealership before you are qualified to take the test ride. Dealerships reserve the right to not allow a consumer to take a test ride where the consumer refuses to sign the applicable Waiver and Release form, fails to wear appropriate clothing and safety equipment, or the consumer is under the influence of alcohol or drugs or medications that may impair judgement or the ability to ride. Upon completion of the online waiver, where you will be required to provide your name, email address, and complete contact information as well as your valid license number, you will have the opportunity to opt-in to Sweepstakes. By opting-in, you automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes drawing associated with the Region of the Harley Davidson dealer as well as the Grand Prize drawing. NOTE: You can only earn one (1) Regional Sweepstakes entry and one (1) Grand Prize entry each calendar day regardless of the number of motorcycles that you test ride in one day. Only riders, and not passengers, will be offered the opportunity to enter the Sweepstakes.
Enter by Mail: During the Promotion Period, hand print your name, address, day and evening phone numbers, email address, and date of birth and your Class M driver license number (only required if you are interested in winning the Grand Prize) on a 3" x 5" piece of paper and mail it in an envelope with proper postage to “Harley-Davidson 115th Anniversary Sweepstakes,” c/o HelloWorld, Inc., P.O. Box 5035, Department 835603, Kalamazoo, MI 49003-5035. NOTE: You must also select and designate one of the six (6) Regional Sweepstakes that you would like to participate in by including the Region name on the front of the envelope. You will receive one (1) entry into the selected Regional Sweepstakes and, if eligible, one entry into the Grand Prize drawing. Limit: One (1) entry per envelope. All mail-in entries must be handwritten and must be postmarked by June 30, 2018 and received by July 7, 2018. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries, which will be disqualified.
Limit: You may enter up to ten (10) times during the Promotion Period by any combination of entry methods. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
5. Drawings: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Administrator will randomly select the potential Regional Sweepstakes winners from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period for each Region and the potential Grand Prize winner from all eligible entries received, on or around July 10, 2018. The potential winners will be notified by email. The potential First prize and Grand Prize winners will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability Waiver and where not prohibited a Publicity Release ("Declaration") which must be received by Administrator, within four (4) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Declaration (if applicable) within the required time period, fails to provide any other requested information, or the prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Other than the Grand Prize, prizes will be fulfilled within approximately 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes.
6. Prizes: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: A guided bike trip for winner from San Diego, CA to Milwaukee, WI from August 20 – September 3, 2018; Harley-Davidson riding jacket, helmet and gloves; and all elements of the “Life Of Legends Pack” described below, $500 spending money, and a check for $4,464 intended to assist with tax liability associated with acceptance of this prize.
Guided bike trip package includes coach-class air transportation for winner to San Diego, CA and returning from Chicago, IL and initiating from a major airport near winner’s home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); guided bike tour provided by EagleRider including bike rental as described at http://www.eaglerider.com/guided-motorcycle-tours/harley-davidson-115th-anniversary-tour15-day-program-from-san-diego-to-milwaukee; ground transportation from destination airport to EagleRider guided bike trip and from EagleRider trip to Chicago O’Hare Airport; and travel agent services. Winner must travel on the dates determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion or prize will be forfeited. Trip must be booked at least twenty-one (21) days prior to departure. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Winner must complete travel to San Diego, CA and return from Chicago, IL. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Sweepstakes, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, luggage fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to winner’s proximity to San Diego, CA or Chicago, IL, ground transportation will be substituted for air travel at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $14,881. Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value.
SIX HUNDRED (600) THIRD PRIZES (100 awarded to each Region): The Harley-Davidson 115th Anniversary “Third Coast Welcome” package. All details, limitations and restrictions of the Harley-Davidson merchandise and Anniversary offers included in this package is described here. ARV: $50.
EIGHTY-FOUR (84) SECOND PRIZES (14 awarded to each Region): The Harley-Davidson 115th Anniversary “Roam Free” pack. All details, limitations and restrictions of the Harley-Davidson merchandise and Anniversary offers included in this package is described here. ARV: $130.
SIX (6) FIRST PRIZES (1 awarded per Region): The Harley-Davidson 115th Anniversary “Life of Legends” pack. All details, limitations and restrictions of the Harley-Davidson merchandise and Anniversary offers included in this package is described here. In addition, First prize winners will receive a check for $400 to assist with the tax liability associated with accepting this prize. ARV: $1,395.
For All Prizes: Regional Prizes do not include transportation to or lodging at the 115th Anniversary Event. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning a Regional prize depend on the number of eligible entries received for the applicable Region. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries during the Promotion Period. Limit: One (1) prize per person. Total ARV of all prizes: $64,171.
7. Release: By receipt of any prize, winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its participating dealers and retailers, affiliates, sales representatives, distributors and promotional and other vendor agencies, Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
13. Winner List: For a winner list, visit http://bit.ly/2o4uDqR. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2018 HelloWorld, Inc. All rights reserved.