Experience a comfortable and confidence-inspiring ride – no matter the pavement conditions – with Harley-Davidson® Premium Ride Emulsion Shocks.
- Fast acting mono-tube nitrogen gas-charged shocks offer enhanced compression and rebound damping control when compared to typical twin-tube shock absorbers
- Nitrogen gas charged shocks resist oil aeration and work with the internal valve stack to provide superior damping control in the twisties
- Large 36mm pistons and low viscosity high-performance oil allow these shocks to react quickly to impacts and keep the tires tracking the road surface
- Locking threaded adjustment lets you fine tune the spring preload to your current riding conditions
- Urethane bumpers provide a softer feel if the shock bottoms under load – whether a solo run on the back roads or a fully-loaded two-up freeway tour
- You get a controlled ride and minimized bottoming harshness transmitted through the frame
- Beautifully-finished shocks feature black-anodized billet top caps and black progressively-wound springs
- Kit includes left and right shock and preload adjustment spanner wrench
Premium Ride Emulsion Shocks is rated
Rated 4 out of
These shocks do make a difference in the ride and the handling there is no doubt about that. A few things that will help. Correctly adjusted shocks and appropriate tire pressure work together to achieve the smooth ride. Spend time riding after an adjustment and adjust as needed. The first adjustment was not perfect. It just took some long rides to identify the "butter zone." Shocks are easy to adjust, but getting the settings accurate from side to side is a bit more difficult with the gauge on the spanner wrench. The scale should be on the edge of the wrench to make it more readable. I got one set where I thought it was right and then used the tape measure to be a bit more accurate. I then ensured that the sides were adjusted identically. These are noticeably more smooth after everything is correct.
Installation was an effort as two people were necessary in my case. I t was not a long process but it did take some effort for the second one.
Date published: 2016-08-15
Rated 5 out of
Progressive Rear Shocks
This addition transformed my bike. The ride is more comfortable on rough roads, it tracks better in the corners (no more po-going), and the rear tire doesn't hop when locked up at low speed on a wet road. It maintains the minimalist look and the Harley swag.
Date published: 2015-08-27
Rated 5 out of
Big Comfort Improvment
First - these are shocks specifically designed for the Dyna and not just shocks which "fit" a Dyna. Before the Emulsion Shocks were installed, my passenger experienced discomfort in the seat contact area. Since a motorcycle ride is only one part of a great day, I was considering moving up to a Road King for enhanced riding comfort. After installation, the Emulsion Shocks provided such a smooth, and nimble ride that a new bike is not now necessary. Thanks Harley! Maybe next year for the new machine.
Date published: 2015-06-19
Rated 5 out of
These shocks look as great as they perform.
I now have these shocks along with the premium ride fork kit on my 2014 fxdl low rider. The difference is amazing!! I highly recommend these upgrades to any one riding a dyna class cycle. Fantastic!
Date published: 2015-03-22