There's no question we are proud to put our name on the FXRG® Dual-Homologated Helmet with Integrated Sun Shield. This full face helmet is one of our most exceptional offerings with an extensive list of innovations including the first time ever offering a helmet that converts from a full-face to an open-face. Want more, just glance at this list...
- Constructed from injected thermoplastic resin with outside anti-scratch and inside anti-fog visor treatment
- Integrated UV380 label and anti-scratch sun visor with quick-release visor system
- Converts quickly and easily from a full face to an open face helmet featuring a quick-opening chin bar/visor with optimized sound proofing and aerodynamic performance whether worn in full or open face positions
- Semi-automatic “auto-up” system which simultaneously unlocks visor and chin bar to slide and position into place
- Integrated sun shield and comfort padding with high-quality washable fabrics
- Homologated twice for open face and full face meets ECE 22-5 requirements
- Custom graphics with helmet bag included
- Meets DOT requirements. Shark, 3 lbs. 12 oz.
FXRG Dual-Homologated Helmet is rated
Rated 5 out of
I purchased the cheaper HD modular helmet last year simply due to the price difference. I then bought a Bell half helmet 6 months ago for summer riding. Then I tried on this helmet and the fit and comfort were just incredible. The cheaper modular helmets cannot be worn with the chin guard up since the wind catches it and throws your head back. The half helmet doesn't provide for enough cover on cool mornings and evenings and only has a smoke shield.
This helmet does it all!!! 3/4 with no shield, 3/4 with sun shade, 3/4 with clear shield or 3/4 with both sun shade and clear shield. and the same combinations for full coverage! It's SO quiet that I can barely make out what my passenger is screaming in my ear at highway speeds!
Date published: 2017-10-13
Rated 3 out of
A nice versatile helmet but with issues.
First off this helmet is a brilliant design. The face bar that flips to the back is a great innovation it truly is a god send on long trips where you go from cool to hot to rain in the space of a couple of days. And keeping out the rain? Even in a downpour that leaves you riding int the draft of a semi because that is the only way you could see 50 feet in front? It does a WONDERFUL job.
I loved the helmet how ever - There are a few things I have found to be an annoyance
1) My head is in a 'tweenie size. 2X is sometimes too large and XL is a tad too small. This is the case of the Shark which I believe is a legacy of European construction. I removed cheek pads to make it more comfortable and had to modify the smoke drop down shield to accommodate my nose all things I have found I have needed to do in years past with helmets past.the killer is that I cannot get a comfortable fit for in helmet speakers. So be aware and try this on. If need be bring in your helmet speaker system to try that.
2) Fogs up real bad in the rain. Especially in upper 70 degree weather. In my opinion the venting system needs work.
3) And this has sent me looking for a different helmet. The face bar separated from the helmet on the right side. It appears that one of the slide pins broke out of the plastic. And as far as I can find there is no replacement part that can be ordered and the helmet would have to be sent back to Harley for repair. A little hard to do when you are 1300 miles away from you home base and only 1/4 of the way through on the trip. A little epoxy and a fix was attempted. That was last year and it finally broke this year again. I have another 6K miles trip planned and a repair is out of the question and no way can I get the helmet back in time to use it.
Date published: 2017-08-06
Rated 4 out of
Pretty darn nice helmet........but
After receiving the helmet, the sizing was off a little. I normally wear an XL cover and this helmet was a bit tight especially in the cheek pads. I'm sure after over time, that will settle down. Speaking of cheek pads, I had to cut out the hard plastic over the ears to allow some room for communication speakers. A lot of ear pain after a short time especially when wearing glasses to boot. I now am having to do major surgery to the inner foam padding to inset the speakers into the helmet more and away from my ears a bit due to the tightness of the helmet. LOL my head is not that big before you guys start. Overall, the helmet is very nice especially with the flip back chin bar. Definitely two helmets in one.
Date published: 2016-09-27
Rated 5 out of
Great fit, love the flexibility. Excellent optics in the face shield and the sun screen both. Literally the only drawback to this helmet is that you cannot wear glasses with it on. I wear contacts and use the built in sun screen so it is not an issue for me. It would be an issue if you wear eyeglasses.
Date published: 2016-09-26