1. Remove the four small Phillips head screws (2) on the underside of the display body.
2. While taking care not to strain the wiring, gently pull the lower assembly out of the upper display body. Carefully separate the upper and lower assemblies.
3. Note the battery orientation. Using a mechanic pick or a small screwdriver, carefully insert the tool under the battery (4). Gently pry the battery free and discard it. Insert the new battery as shown. Push the battery down until seated.
4. Align the lower assembly (B) with the upper body (A). Assemble the two parts in the same rotational orientation as before disassembly. Do not pinch the wiring or thin O-ring. Install the four screws. Tighten securely.
5. If present, remove and replace the thick O-ring (1) before installing the dipstick. Insert the dipstick into the filler neck.
Check for proper operation by pressing the rubber button on the front face.
See Figure 3 below. Mark the upper display body (A) and lower (B) dipstick components before disassembly, so they can be assembled in the same rotational alignment. Be careful when separating the two components.