There are a number of things you can practice in your garage or driveway that can help you get to know your new ride and get ready for the road.
- Read your motorcycle owner's manual thoroughly
- Strengthen your clutch hand by squeezing a tennis ball or small rubber ball
- Memorize where your bike controls are located–fuel valve, choke, ignition switch, etc.
- When sitting on your bike, practice setting it on its side stand until you can do it without looking
- Work on your motorcycle pre-ride inspection the–T-CLOCS Inspection and FINE-C Steps found in the Rider's Edge® Roadbook or MSF® Basic RiderCourseSM handbook
Once you've practiced and have gotten to know your bike, it's time to rally your friends for an adventure. Use the Ride Planner tool to make it one to remember!