The last class of the sixth annual season consisted of thirty men with a variety of backgrounds; dealers, repairmen, prospective dealers, and motorcycle police officers. Harley-Davidson first instituted teaching courses in 1917. Production in 1917 was devoted to the military and the Motor Company developed the Quartermasters School to teach military personnel how to fix their machines in the field. Immediately recognizing the value of the classes the Motor Company continued the classes, which was then referred to as the Harley-Davidson Service School. The Service School was a success and adjusted to needs of the company throughout history, even including managerial and sales classes. During WWII the focus again turned to military training and back to the Service School when the war ended. The name “Service School” lasted into the late 1990s when training efforts were consolidated into the Harley-Davidson University (HDU). Over the years the school has trained dealers, technicians, employees, and others in nearly every topic related to Harley-Davidson motorcycles. The image shown is of the last class of the 1922 season, the sixth year of Harley-Davidson Motorcycle instruction.