In this year, H-D introduced hydraulic rear suspension, making this the first Big Twin with both front and rear suspension. It has a 74 cubic-inch Panhead motor with 4-speed handshift transmission. It was the second year of the round plastic tank badge, which had appeared first on the Sportster®.
Two-tone paint was availabe in 1958, but these are special colors created for the Shriners. The Motor Company made a few too many on a special order for that organization, so one was retained for the collection. It also has the optional chrome finish package and only 38 miles on the odometer.
This vehicle is currently on display in the Motorcycle Gallery on the lower level of the Museum.