Milwaukee (July 9, 2013) - 100,000 thundering motorcycles. 60-plus bands, including three amazing headliners. A massive motorcycle parade. All the food and drink you care to have. The opportunity to ride Harley-Davidson’s all new Model Year 2014 motorcycles …free tattoos…custom bikes shows…the legendary UFC Octagon®. And now a new two-day ticket option.
“When we have fun, we go full throttle,” said Harley-Davidson Chief Marketing Officer Mark-Hans Richer. “We know there are other music festivals and motorcycle rallies, but our 110th in Milwaukee will be an epic bash. You won’t want to miss it. It only happens once every five years.”
The Harley-Davidson 110th Anniversary Celebration over Labor Day weekend is fast approaching, with non-stop events geared toward all kinds of Harley fans – riders, locals, visitors and families.
NEW TWO-DAY TICKET OPTION
The creation of a two-day ticket option was driven by customer feedback as many nationwide reached out requesting more ticketing options. “So now even your boss can’t stop you from joining us,” Richer added. “This isn’t just a party – it will be the party of the year. Tickets and rooms are still available, but going fast.”
The two-day ticket is $79 plus convenience fees and is now available at www.h-d.com/110tickets. The ticket is good for any two days of the three-day party, Aug. 29 – 31. Harley-Davidson will not offer one-day tickets.
Three-day tickets, available for $95 plus convenience fees, and two-day tickets each provide access to the 110th Anniversary party headquarters – the Milwaukee Summerfest Grounds. During the three-day event, fans can see dozens of bands on five different stages ranging from emerging stars to legendary groups, as well as check out police and H.O.G. motorcycle stunts, precision riding shows and special Harley-Davidson product displays and exhibits.
NEW TALENT ADDED FOR THE PARTY OF THE YEAR
In addition to the 60 acts that will take the various stages of the Summerfest Grounds during the 110th Anniversary celebration in Milwaukee, Harley-Davidson will also feature three headlining concerts each night of the event and a UFC fight Saturday night (Aug. 31).
Country superstar Toby Keith (Aug. 29), Rock n’ Roll Hall-of-Famers Aerosmith (Aug. 30) and Kid Rock (Aug. 31) will each take the stage at Marcus Amphitheater. Tickets for Toby Keith begin at $20, while Aerosmith and Kid Rock tickets start at $24.50 each plus convenience fees – tickets for all three concerts are available at www.h-d.com/110tickets.
Today, Harley-Davidson released specifics for the Toby Keith and Kid Rock shows:
- Country music singer-songwriter Kip Moore will open for Toby Keith. Moore hit the top of the country charts in 2011 with his single “Somethin’ ‘Bout a Truck,” which was followed by the release of his debut album Up All Night.
- Rocker Uncle Kracker will open for Kid Rock, while music legend John Fogerty will sit in with the American ‘Badass’ for one set during Kid Rock’s concert Aug. 31.
Fogerty, the former lead singer, guitarist and writer for Creedence Clearwater Revival, has the distinction of being named to Rolling Stone’s list of “100 Greatest Guitarists” and “100 Greatest Singers.” Fogerty’s new album, “Wrote a Song for Everyone,” debuted in the Billboard Top 200 Albums Chart at #3 earlier this year, selling 50,000+ copies in its first week. This will be his first on-stage appearance since his new album dropped.
Uncle Kracker’s hits include the two-time platinum, multi-format smash hit "Smile;" the Top 5 hit "Follow Me;" as well as "Drift Away," which set the Billboard record for most weeks at No. 1 on any chart. Uncle Kracker met Kid Rock during a turntable competition near Detroit when he was a teenager. He later became the DJ for Kid Rock’s Twisted Brown Trucker Band before launching a solo career. His latest album Midnight Special features his upcoming single "Blue Skies."
Fans can also witness one of the hardest-hitting live fights of the year – the UFC® 164 Harley-Davidson Hometown Throwdown at the BMO Harris Bradley Center on Saturday evening. The action-packed card will feature more than 10 bouts, including a UFC Lightweight Championship challenge between the current champion Benson Henderson and top contender TJ Grant and a fight between two former UFC Heavyweight champions – Frank Mir and Josh Barnett. Tickets for the UFC Hometown Throwdown range from $60 to $400 before taxes and fees.
H.O.G. CELEBRATES 30TH ANNIVERSARY
On Thursday, Aug. 29 between noon and 5 p.m., Harley-Davidson will celebrate the 30th anniversary of H.O.G. (Harley Owners Group), the official riding club of Harley-Davidson. The event will feature exclusive early entry for H.O.G. members, live entertainment including Lynyrd Skynyrd and nine other brands, a H.O.G. precision riding competition, a New Orleans-style walking parade and a members-only Muscular Dystrophy Association bike raffle. In addition, there will be the largest-ever H.O.G. member family photo, a “Dream Ride Contest” and a H.O.G. 30th anniversary time capsule, which will be sealed on Labor Day and reopened in 2043.
AND, EVEN MORE WAYS TO JOIN THE PARTY
- Ride the Newest Motorcycles: Harley-Davidson Powertrain Operations in Menomonee Falls (W156 N9000 Pilgrim Rd.) will offer the first opportunities to demo the new 2014 motorcycles and take a free factory tour Thursday (Aug. 29) - Saturday (Aug. 31). Demo rides are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., while free factory tours are 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Check Out the Harley-Davidson Museum: The Harley-Davidson Museum has a series of activities planned every day of the party, including bike shows, a JUMPSTART® Rider Experience featuring 2014 motorcycles, a limited number of small wedding ceremony packages, custom culture artisans, outdoor concessions, live music and a special “After Dark” acoustic lounge experience every evening at 9 p.m. at Motor Bar & Restaurant. All outdoor activities, as well as the “After Dark” series are free and open to the public. Reservations are required for entry to the Museum, available exclusively at www.H-DMuseum.com.
- See the Parade: On Saturday (Aug. 31), one of the greatest spectacles in Milwaukee will return as thousands of Harley-Davidson enthusiasts and their guests will ride with pride during the 110th Anniversary parade. The parade will begin at Miller Park at noon and travel east on Wisconsin Avenue before ending at the Summerfest Grounds. A special pass is required to ride in the parade, but fans are invited to line Wisconsin Avenue to cheer on the participating riders.
LODGING STILL AVAILABLE
Milwaukee-area lodging is still available, but selling out quickly. Fans interested in traveling to the “City of Festivals” can visit a new website launched by Visit Milwaukee: www.visitmilwaukee.org/h-d110. The site features information on hotels, camp grounds and house rentals where fans can crash for the weekend.
ABOUT THE HARLEY-DAVIDSON 110th ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION
The Harley-Davidson 110th Anniversary is a year-long, global celebration connecting millions of Harley-Davidson fans united by a common bond and shared passion for freedom, self-expression and epic adventure. Included in the official 110th Anniversary calendar are 12 different 110th Anniversary experiences that Harley-Davidson will bring to existing motorcycle events in global markets through September 2013. The events span 11 countries on six continents and are capped by two main celebration events in Rome, Italy, in June 2013 and Milwaukee during Labor Day weekend. Harley-Davidson fans are invited to learn more about the 110th Anniversary and join the celebration online where they can share videos, images and experiences on Facebook, Twitter with the hashtag #HD110, and at www.h-d.com/110.
ABOUT HARLEY-DAVIDSON MOTOR COMPANY
Harley-Davidson Motor Company produces heavyweight custom, cruiser and touring motorcycles and offers a complete line of Harley-Davidson motorcycle parts, accessories, riding gear and apparel, and general merchandise. For more information, visit Harley-Davidson’s website at www.harley-davidson.com.