In September of 1907, Harley-Davidson became an incorporated business, and on October 26 the four founders (William Harley, William Davidson, Arthur Davidson and Walter Davidson) became part of the Motor Company’s first Board of Directors. They were joined in their duties by Frank L. Wood, James A. Stone and Charles H. Lang. Lang was Harley-Davidson’s first dealer, and his name appeared in the marketing literature for that year. The business was growing, and the leadership was keeping pace.