Concord (August 20, 2012) - Harley-Davidson® rolls into its 110th model year with a line of authentic American motorcycles that includes 110th Anniversary Editions of select Harley-Davidson® motorcycle models and a restyled Dyna® Street Bob® model. Harley-Davidson® Custom Vehicle Operations™ (CVO™) offers two new models, the CVO™ Breakout™, a high-performance Softail® model with exciting new surface finish options, and the CVO™ Road King® model, fitted with an innovative vented windshield and high-output audio system. Also new for 2013, Harley-Davidson launches Hard Candy Custom™, a styling movement rooted in themes first seen in the chopper era of the late 1960s that embraces dazzling metal flake paint, brilliant chrome, and styling details in accessories, gear, and apparel. Hard Candy Custom™ elements include “big flake” paint finishes, three of which will be selectively offered as a solid-colour option on five Harley-Davidson® production motorcycles for 2013.
H-D1™ Factory Customization expands with the Street Bob® model joining the 1200 Custom model as Harley- Davidson® models that are available in the web-based program that allows Customers to select Factoryinstalled options in more than 2,000 combinations, build a bike on the screen, and then order it through an authorized Harley-Davidson® Retailer.
More than a century of experience, knowledge, and riding passion lie behind each 2013 Harley-Davidson® motorcycle.
Highlights of the 2013 Harley-Davidson® line include:
- Ten Harley-Davidson® models are offered as 110th Anniversary Editions. Each is serialized and features exclusive paint and commemorative solid bronze fuel tank badges. Production will vary by model and will be strictly limited to ensure exclusivity. These models come with all available Factoryinstalled options as standard equipment. (See the separate press release for more details on the 110th Anniversary Editions.)
- The Harley-Davidson® Street Bob® model gets a tougher profile for 2013 with new blacked-out triple clamps and powertrain, and a chopped rear fender. This rowdy Dyna® bobber features a solo seat and mini-ape handlebar and includes Hard Candy CustomTM metal flake and a scalloped two-tone option. (See the separate press release for more details on the 2013 Street Bob® model.)
- The Street Bob® model serves as a great starting point for customization, and now, along with the 1200 Custom model, it can be personalized through H-D1™ Factory Customization. Options are selected by the Customer using the online Bike Builder on harleycanada.com and then installed as the motorcycle is assembled by Harley-Davidson Motor Company. By choosing from different wheels, paint, and engine finishes, the Customer can dramatically alter the look of the motorcycle. Different combinations of footcontrol location, seat choices, and handlebars can be selected to adjust the fit of the motorcycle to rider stature.
- Hard Candy Custom™ embraces a trend that has re-emerged from garages around the globe. Now the sparkle of Hard Candy Big Red Flake, Hard Candy Lucky Green Flake, and Hard Candy Coloma Gold Flake can be ordered as Original Equipment paint and serve as the foundation for personal customization. At least one Hard Candy Custom™ colour will be offered on these Harley-Davidson® motorcycle models: Seventy-Two™, Street Bob®, Blackline™, Softail® Deluxe, and Forty-Eight™. New and recently introduced Genuine Motor Accessory and Harley-Davidson® MotorClothes® items extend the Hard Candy Custom™ theme. (See the separate press release for more details on Hard Candy Custom™ style.)
- The 2013 CVO™ series of limited-production premium custom motorcycles features the new CVO™ Breakout™ model, a bold Softail® model that takes production motorcycle finishes to a new level with two paint schemes that feature hand-polished steel sections on the fuel tank and fenders. The CVO™ Road King® model offers the first Factory-installed Road King® audio system, and the new detachable vented Wind Splitter windshield. The super-premium Touring CVO™ Ultra Classic® Electra Glide® model and shark-nose CVO™ Road Glide® Custom bagger return with new features for 2013. (See the separate press release for more details on the 2013 CVO™ line.)
- The versatile Harley-Davidson® Sportster® line includes five models, plus the Sportster® 1200 Custom Anniversary Edition model. New colours and graphics are offered on all Sportster® models.
- The traditional “hard tail” lines of the Harley-Davidson® Softail® platform are offered on six models, including the Softail® Slim™ model, a back-to-basics 1950s-style bobber, introduced mid-year 2012. The 2013 Fat Boy® now features Mirror Chrome Aluminum Bullet Hole Disc wheels as standard equipment. The Softail® line also includes the Heritage Softail™ Classic Anniversary Edition and the Fat Boy® Lo Anniversary Edition models.
- Eight Harley-Davidson® Touring models, from the slammed-and-trimmed Street Glide® model to the fully equipped Electra Glide® Ultra Limited model, are ready to tackle the long road with fresh colour and graphics options. The Road King® Anniversary Edition and Electra Glide® Ultra Limited Anniversary Edition models are available in limited quantities for 2013.
- The smooth-handling 2013 Dyna® line includes the re-styled Street Bob® model and four more models, plus the Super Glide® Custom Anniversary Edition model.
- The aggressive Harley-Davidson® V-Rod® power-cruiser line features the Night Rod® Special and V-Rod Muscle® models, each available in new colours for 2013.
- Riders looking for a Trike option with Harley-Davidson® quality can turn to the Tri Glide™ Ultra Classic® model. Also available is the Tri Glide™ Ultra Classic® Anniversary Edition model, to celebrate the milestone.
About Deeley Harley-Davidson® Canada
Deeley Harley-Davidson® Canada is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Harley-Davidson® motorcycles, Genuine Motor Parts and Accessories, and MotorClothes® apparel, which are provided through a national network of authorized Harley-Davidson® Retailers. Office and distribution warehouse facilities are located in Richmond, British Columbia, and Concord, Ontario.