Concord, Ontario (February 2, 2011) - H-D1™ Factory Customization Offers Selection of Factory-Installed Options
A wide front end and chunky 16-inch tire give the new Harley-Davidson™ 1200 Custom motorcycle a proud stance that is strong and contemporary. Introduced as a mid-year addition to the 2011 Harley-Davidson® model line-up, the 1200 Custom motorcycle also features new wheels, a pull-back handlebar, and a reshaped LED tail lamp.
These elements combine to give the 1200 Custom motorcycle an exciting new look, which are only a starting point for this Sportster® model. The 1200 Custom motorcycle will also debut H-D1™ Factory Customization – a new opportunity that allows the Customer to choose from seven option categories to optimize fit, function, and style. By selecting from available Factory-installed wheels, handlebars, seats, paint, foot control position, security system, and engine finish, the Customer can create a 1200 Custom that is a truly personalized motorcycle. Factory customization is the latest element of Harley-Davidson® customization, which also includes Genuine Motor Parts™ and Genuine Motor Accessories™ catalogues, Fit Shop and Bike Builder on www.harleycanada.com/hd1bikebuilder
, Genuine Motor Accessories™ Custom Seat and Custom Paint programs, Chrome Consultant and Fit Shop advisors at Harley-Davidson® Retail locations, and much more.A Sportster® Model with Phattitude
The 1200 Custom motorcycle offers a new look, but is a Sportster® motorcycle to the core, offering a compelling combination of bold styling, nimble handling and the irresistible beat of American V-Twin performance.
Key features of the 2011 1200 Custom motorcycle include:
- Air-cooled Evolution® 1,200 cc V-Twin engine with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI), rated at 79 ft. lbs. peak torque at 4,000 rpm.
- Powertrain is finished in black powdercoat with chrome covers.
- NEW chrome, five-Spoke cast aluminium wheels front and rear. Front and rear wheels are 16 x 3.0 inches.
- NEW Michelin® Scorcher® 31 tires; 130/90B 16 front and 150/80B16 M/C 77H rear.
- NEW wider fork spacing and polished triple clamps.
- Pull-back handlebar mounted on a curved riser that incorporates an LED warning light display.
- NEW reshaped classic Sportster® “eyebrow” over the headlamp.
- NEW tail light is smaller and has a new shape with a bright, maintenance free LED module.
- NEW front suspension rates are re-tuned to match the new tire/wheel combination. 39 mm front fork with 30 degrees of rake.
- Polished forward foot controls.
- Coil-over pre-load adjustable rear shocks.
- Two-up seat is standard. Laden seat height is 26.6 inches.
- The 4.5-gallon fuel tank offers long riding range.
Harley-Davidson® 1200 Custom Motorcycle
Introducing H-D1™ Factory Customization
H-D1™ Factory Customization is the newest element of Harley-Davidson® customization that allows Customers to build the 1200 Custom motorcycle from a selection of options, which are then installed as the motorcycle is assembled by Harley-Davidson Motor Company in Kansas City. H-D1™ Factory Customization enables personalized fit, function, and style. By selecting different wheels, seats, handlebars, paint, and engine finishes, the Customer can dramatically alter the look of the motorcycle. Different combinations of foot control location, seat and handlebars can be selected to adjust the fit of the motorcycle to a rider’s stature. With H-D1™ Factory Customization the Customer will have the opportunity to order a 1200 Custom motorcycle in more than 2,600 combinations.
The H-D1™ Factory Customization tool will be available online at www.harleycanada.com/hd1bikebuilder. The Customer can view the bike they are creating as different options are selected. The Customer can then print out a description of their bike and bring it to a Harley-Davidson® Retailer to review the motorcycle with trained staff, select additional accessories to be installed by the Retailer to further customize the motorcycle, and then place an order. Customers can expect to be riding their new bike in as little as six to eight weeks from the time an order is placed with an authorized Harley-Davidson® Retailer. Delivery timing may vary depending on demand, and will be communicated to Customers at the time of the order. H-D1™ Factory Customization will be available only through Harley-Davidson® Retailers in the United States and Canada.
The 1200 Custom motorcycle has a suggested Retail price in Canada of $11,389, and comes equipped with chrome five-spoke cast aluminium wheels, pull-back handlebars, forward polished foot controls, a two-up seat, a black engine with chrome covers, and Vivid Black paint. Factory-installed options can be swapped out in any combination to this base configuration of the 1200 Custom motorcycle, using these seven different categories:
- Wheels: Black five-spoke cast aluminium with machined highlights, chrome laced or black laced.
- Handlebars: Drag bars or mini-ape bars
- Foot Controls: Mid-mount polished
- Seat: Solo
- Paint/Graphics: Vivid Black, Brilliant Silver Pearl, Cool Blue Pearl, Chrome Yellow, Merlot Sunglo, Sedona Orange, Black Denim (solid colours); Scarlet Red/Vivid Black, Merlot Sunglo/Vivid Black, Sedona Orange/Vivid Black, Birch White/Sedona Orange, Chrome Yellow/Vivid Black (two-tone colours); Cool Blue Pearl with Scalloped graphics, White Hot Pearl with Hot Pink Flame graphics (custom graphics).
- Engine: Black powder coat with black covers.
- Security: Add Harley-Davidson® Smart Security System.
Options can be incorporated with the base configuration in any combination, except that the mini-ape handlebars cannot be combined with mid-mount foot controls.
About Deeley Harley-Davidson® Canada
Deeley Harley-Davidson® Canada is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Harley-Davidson® motorcycles, Genuine Motor Parts and Accessories, and MotorClothes® apparel, which are provided through a national network of authorized Harley-Davidson® Retailers. Office and distribution warehouse facilities are located in Richmond, British Columbia, and Concord, Ontario.