Concord, Ontario (July 20, 2011) - Hot-Rod Touring Performance with High-Output Audio and Stunning Paint
Harley-Davidson® Custom Vehicle Operations™ takes bagger swagger to a new level with the 2012 CVO™ Road Glide® Custom motorcycle – a chrome-drenched, shark-nosed beauty that snarls with Screamin’ Eagle® authority. This limited-production motorcycle features the most-powerful VTwin engine offered by Harley-Davidson Motor Company, an exclusive multi-coloured paint scheme, a new high-output sound system, and a host of fresh custom components. Bombing the boulevard or scorching the highway, the CVO™ Road Glide® Custom motorcycle offers an unmatched hot-rod touring experience.
CVO™ motorcycles are customized using exclusive components and paint treatments combined with premium accessories from the Harley-Davidson® Genuine Motor Accessories Catalogue. The CVO™ Program is often used to introduce new custom components and techniques before they are offered as individual accessories. Harley-Davidson® CVO™ motorcycles are backed by a two-year, unlimited mileage warranty.
The CVO™ Road Glide® Custom motorcycle features a distinctive frame-mounted fairing, which offers a lighter steering feel than a fork-mounted fairing, and incorporates dual headlamps and a cockpit-style instrument display. Its Harley-Davidson® Touring chassis has a single-spar rigid backbone frame and a two-piece swingarm designed to deliver responsive manoeuvrability and long-haul durability. Chassis geometry and suspension are calibrated to deliver confident handling and comfort. Hand-adjustable hydraulic rear shocks accommodate variable passenger and luggage loads. An Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) and cruise control are standard equipment.Key CVO™ Road Glide® Custom Motorcycle Features:
- The Screamin’ Eagle® Twin Cam 110™ engine with 110 cid (1,803 cc), rubber-mounted within the frame, is rated at 122 ft. lbs. of torque at 3,750 rpm. The engine is equipped with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI) and Electronic Throttle Control (ETC), and is mated to a 6-speed Cruise Drive™ transmission.
- New Heavy Breather engine air intake with a black aluminium cover and bright aluminium “cut back” details over an exposed air filter element.
- Black billet aluminium muffler end caps with chrome spears on chrome dual exhaust with four-inch touring mufflers.
- The new high-output amplified audio system has 100 watts of power per channel (200 watts total), MTX Audio two-way, five-by-seven-inch fairing-mounted speakers, and two-inch dash-mounted tweeters. The amplifier is located within the fairing. The Harman/Kardon Advanced Audio radio features CD/AM/FM/WB. The system includes an 8 GB Apple iPod Nano with an etched Bar & Shield logo. The iPod radio interface and iPod holder are located in the right-side saddlebag.
- New custom two-piece seat with diamond-pattern contrast stitching. The thread or cover is colourcoordinated to the motorcycle paint colour. The passenger pillion is removable.
- New black, internally-wired handlebar with matching black hand controls.
- New Wind Splitter aerodynamic smoked windscreen.
- New colour-matched low-profile fuel tank console with illuminated CVO™ graphic insert.
- New brushed nickel Skull fuel tank and fairing medallions.
- Contrast Chrome Agitator custom wheels (19-inch front, 18-inch rear) with matching Agitator floating front brake rotors.
- Rumble Collection features black rubber with brilliant chrome highlights on the rider footboard inserts, passenger foot peg inserts, shifter pegs, brake pedal, and hand grips.
- The injection-moulded extended hard saddlebags have colour-matched rear fascia with LED brake/turn lights.
- The Customer Care Package includes a tool kit, microfibre detailing cloth, and H-D® jiffy stand coaster.
The CVO™ Road Glide® Custom motorcycle will be offered in three custom colour schemes, each with a gloss black powder-coat powertrain; colour-matched inner fairing and speedometer/tachometer housing; and colourmatched upper fork sliders, licence plate light cover, and rear fender strut covers.
- White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black with Real Smoke graphic (black seat with gold stitching)
- Maple Metallic and Vivid Black with Real Smoke graphic (black seat with grey stitching)
- Candy Cobalt and Twilight Blue with Real Smoke graphic (brown seat with gold stitching)
The 2012 CVO™ Road Glide® Custom motorcycle has a suggested Canadian Retail price of $33,689. Production will be limited to approximately 2,100 units.
About Deeley Harley-Davidson® Canada
Deeley Harley-Davidson® Canada is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Harley-Davidson® motorcycles, Genuine Motor Parts and Accessories, and MotorClothes® apparel, which are provided through a national network of authorized Harley-Davidson® Retailers. Office and distribution warehouse facilities are located in Richmond, British Columbia, and Concord, Ontario. Please visit www.harleycanada.com for further information on Harley-Davidson® products in Canada.