Concord, Ontario (July 20, 2011) - Industry-Leading Tools to Help Build Customs of One
Any motorcycle is more enjoyable when its fit, function, and style are a perfect match to its owner. To help Customers achieve this goal, Harley-Davidson Motor Company offers H-D1™, a comprehensive set of customization tools that can be used by those purchasing a new Harley- Davidson® motorcycle, and by riders who wish to update a Harley® motorcycle they already have on the road. Available in Canada online at harleycanada.com/HD1bikebuilder
, and at authorized Harley-Davidson® Retailers, H-D1™ offers almost unlimited opportunities to turn a Harley® motorcycle into a custom of one – a motorcycle that is truly personalized to its owner.
H-D1™ is an umbrella title for the exclusive parts, processes, and people that make it easier than ever to personalize a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle. H-D1™ consists of these main tools:
- Fit Shop: This service, available at Harley-Davidson® Retailers, uses a real motorcycle to adjust the position of the seat, suspension, and controls to best fit the rider’s body size, and then applies that fitment to the Customer’s motorcycle.
- Genuine Motor Parts & Accessories: There are more than 500 new items for 2012 and more than 10,000 total listings, found in print and in online catalogues, of top-quality options that add style, fit, performance, and function. Genuine Motor Accessories Custom Seat and Custom Paint programs offer further custom options.
- Bike Builder: An online tool to help visualize thousands of custom possibilities for specific Harley- Davidson® motorcycle models.
- Retailer Consultation: Experienced professionals offer individual guidance to help Customers to build their dream bikes, which will turn heads every time they leave the garage.
- Factory Customization: Offered exclusively for the 2012 Sportster® 1200 Custom motorcycle.
H-D1™ Factory Customization
Introduced mid-year 2011, H-D1™ Factory customization allows Customers to build a Sportster® 1200 Custom motorcycle, for the first time, with options that are installed as the motorcycle is assembled by Harley-Davidson Motor Company. More than 2,600 combinations of Factory-installed options are available through H-D1™ Factory customization. By choosing from different wheels, paint, and engine finishes the Customer can dramatically alter the look of a motorcycle. Different combinations of foot-control location, seat, and handlebar choices can be selected to adjust the fit of the motorcycle to the rider’s stature.
By using the Bike Builder online at harleycanada.com/HD1bikebuilder, Customers can view the Sportster® 1200 Custom motorcycle they are creating as different Factory-installed and Retailer-installed options are selected. The Customer can then print out a description of their bike and bring it to a Harley-Davidson® Retailer to review the motorcycle with trained staff, select any additional accessories to be installed by the Retailer, and then place an order. Customers can expect to be riding their new bike in as little as four weeks from the time the order is placed with an authorized Harley-Davidson® Retailer. Delivery timing may vary depending on demand, and will be communicated to Customers at the time of order. H-D1™ Factory customization is available exclusively through Harley-Davidson® Retailers in the United States and Canada.
About Deeley Harley-Davidson® Canada
Deeley Harley-Davidson® Canada is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Harley-Davidson® motorcycles, Genuine Motor Parts and Accessories, and MotorClothes® apparel, which are provided through a national network of authorized Harley-Davidson® Retailers. Office and distribution warehouse facilities are located in Richmond, British Columbia, and Concord, Ontario. Please visit www.harleycanada.com for further information on Harley-Davidson® products in Canada.