Concord, Ontario (July 20, 2011) - V-Rod® 10th Anniversary Edition Model and Dyna® Switchback Bagger Model Join the Model Line
Harley-Davidson Motor Company offers more Big Twin performance for 2012 as its Twin Cam 103™ powertrain engine becomes standard equipment in Softail® , Touring and in most Dyna® motorcycles. Harley-Davidson will offer two new models for 2012: the V-Rod® 10th Anniversary Edition model celebrates a decade of power-cruiser performance, while the new Dyna® Switchback model is a convertible custom-touring motorcycle with detachable hard saddlebags and windshield. In addition, the Night Rod® Special model has significant updates for 2012 with refreshed bodywork and optimized rider ergonomics. Harley-Davidson® Custom Vehicle Operations™ (CVO™) rolls out the gleaming new CVO™ Road Glide® Custom model, a limited-production, high-performance touring masterpiece.
Harley-Davidson believes that every motorcycle it sells can be a custom of one. Harley-Davidson® H-D1™ is a comprehensive offering of customization tools for the Harley-Davidson® motorcycle owner. H-D1™ tools include Harley-Davidson® Genuine Motor Accessories listings, in print and in online catalogues, Fit Shop and consultation services at Harley-Davidson® Retail locations, and Factory customization and Bike Builder online at harleycanada.com/HD1bikebuilder
. H-D1™ offers almost unlimited opportunities to optimize fit, function, style, and performance to turn a Harley® motorcycle into a motorcycle that is truly personalized to its owner.
Harley-Davidson heads into 2012 with 32 models, each born of experience that spans generations and a passion for riding that will never diminish. Highlights of the 2012 Harley-Davidson® line include:
- The Twin Cam 103™ engine powers all 2012 Dyna®, Softail® and Touring models with the exception of the Dyna® Street Bob® model and the Dyna® Super Glide® Custom model. This engine produces up to 100 ft lbs. of peak torque, an increase of approximately 6% over the Twin Cam 96™ engine it replaces, as standard power for many of these models. The Twin Cam 103™ engine is equipped automatic compression release. It features identifying badges on the derby cover, timer cover, and air cleaner trim ring.
- A Security Package that pairs an Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) with a Smart Security System, which includes proximity-based, hands-free security fob, is available for all 2012 V-Rod®, Dyna®, Softail®, Touring, and CVO™ models. The Security Package is standard equipment on CVO™ models and on the Road Glide® Ultra model, the Electra Glide® Ultra Limited model, and the Road King® Classic model. The Security Package is a Factory-installed option for all other models.
- The Night Rod® Special model is updated with a new tapered tail section, lighter-weight wheels, an inverted front fork, and improved ergonomics. Harley-Davidson celebrates a decade of power cruising with the V-Rod® 10th Anniversary Edition motorcycle, finished in Brilliant Silver Pearl bodywork that evokes the anodized aluminium bodywork of the original V-Rod® model that introduced the liquid-cooled Revolution® V-Twin engine in 2002. All V-Rod® models will carry V-Rod® 10th Anniversary badges.
- The new Dyna® Switchback model combines hard saddlebags and a windshield, with the eager handling and Twin Cam 103™ performance of the Dyna® chassis. It’s a custom-touring bike ready for a long weekend trip, until the detachable bags and windshield are removed – then, in seconds, the Switchback motorcycle becomes a custom street cruiser with a gleaming headlamp nacelle, five-spoke cast-aluminium wheels, and a mini-ape handlebar. This convertible concept makes the versatile Switchback model two motorcycles in one.
- All Harley-Davidson® Softail® models get the performance boost of the Twin Cam 103™ engine for 2012. The Fat Boy® and Fat Boy® Lo models each have a new reduced-reach handlebar for more comfortable ergonomics. A lower, narrower seat shape places the Fat Boy® motorcycle rider in a new “in the bike” position. The Softail® Deluxe and Heritage Softail™ Classic models will be available with a new optional “tubeless” chrome lace aluminium wheel for ease of tire replacement and repair.
- The Twin Cam 103™ powertrain engine gives all Harley-Davidson® Touring models assertive power for passing. On Touring models, the Twin Cam 103™ engine is equipped with an oil cooler. All Touring models except the Ultra Limited model will offer a new “tubeless” chrome lace aluminium wheel.
- The Harley-Davidson® Sportster® line appeals to a broad range of riders with six 2012 models ranging from the race-inspired XR1200X™ model, to the accessible SuperLow™ model, to Dark Custom™ roadsters like the Iron 883™, Nightster®, and Forty-Eight™ models. The Sportster® 1200 Custom model can be personalized for fit, function, and style with H-D1™ Factory customization – a process that allows Customers to use the Bike Builder tool online at harleycanada.com to build a motorcycle from a selection of options that are installed as the bike is assembled by Harley-Davidson Motor Company or are installed by a Retailer after the motorcycle is delivered. New 1200 Custom model colour options have been added to Bike Builder for 2012.
- The new CVO™ Road Glide® Custom model is one of four limited-production 2012 models from Harley- Davidson® Custom Vehicle Operations™ (CVO™), each is turned out with bold paint, gleaming chrome, and the most powerful V-Twin engines offered in production Harley-Davidson® motorcycles. The CVO™ Road Glide® Custom model is a hot-rod bagger with a frame-mounted fairing topped with a smoked Wind Splitter windshield, a high-output, amplified Harman/Kardon Advanced Audio system, and a colour-matched, low-profile fuel tank console.
About Deeley Harley-Davidson® Canada
Deeley Harley-Davidson® Canada is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Harley-Davidson® motorcycles, Genuine Motor Parts and Accessories, and MotorClothes® apparel, which are provided through a national network of authorized Harley-Davidson® Retailers. Office and distribution warehouse facilities are located in Richmond, British Columbia, and Concord, Ontario. Please visit www.harleycanada.com for further information on Harley-Davidson® products in Canada.