The pepper story
Harley-Davidson Australia & New Zealand reset the Australian land speed record and the unofficial title of world’s fastest bagger when Pepper – our specially prepared FLTRXS Road Glide® Special – recorded a speed of 175.131 mph (281.846 kph) at the 26th annual Dry Lakes Racers Association (DLRA) Speed Week in February 2016.
This means that Pepper has tightened its hold on the Australian record for fastest in the Modified Partial Streamlined – Pushrod Gas (MPS-PG) and her record speed exceeded the current World Record, ensuring her place as the world’s fastest naturally aspirated bagger under 2000cc.
Pepper is built as close to stock as possible with only minimal chassis modifications and started life as a Harley-Davidson Road Glide™ Special. H-D® Screamin’ Eagle™ Pro Racing parts form the basis for the engine and powertrain modifications.
Resetting the record further breaks down myths often associated with H-D Touring motorcycles about weight, handling and stability at speed, as well as the strength and reliability of Screamin’ Eagle Pro Racing Parts and H-D Genuine Motor Parts & Accessories.
- Screamin’ Eagle™ Pro 120 RX engine
- Screamin’ Eagle™ Pro Variable Pressure Clutch
- PBI sprocket with RK Chain
- Custom Wegner stainless steel headers
- 4-inch lengthened swingarm
- Custom built lower engine fairings
- OE front fairing lowered slightly on frame
- Functional saddlebags with in-built air diffusers
Check out a video of the record-setting effort during 2015 below.