Milwaukee (2 February 2011) - Aluminium Wheels and Michelin Tyres Give the 1200 Custom a New Stance
A wide front end and chunky 16-inch tyre give the new Harley-Davidson 1200 Custom a proud stance that’s strong and contemporary. Introduced as a mid-year addition to the 2011 Harley-Davidson model line-up, the 1200 Custom also features new wheels, a pull-back handlebar, and a reshaped LED tail lamp.
The 1200 Custom offers a new look but is Sportster to the core, offering a compelling combination of bold styling, nimble handling and the irresistible beat of American V-Twin performance.
Key features of the 2011 1200 Custom include:
- Air-cooled Evolution® 1200cc V-Twin engine with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI), rated at 79 ft. lbs. peak torque at 4000 rpm.
- Powertrain is finished in black powdercoat with chrome covers.
- NEW Chrome, Five-Spoke cast aluminium wheels front and rear. Front and rear wheels are 16 x 3.0 inches.
- NEW Michelin® Scorcher® 31 tyres; 130/90B 16 front and 150/80B16 M/C 77H rear.
- NEW Wider fork spacing and polished triple clamps.
- Pull-back handlebar mounted on a curved riser that incorporates an LED warning light display.
- NEW reshaped classic Sportster “eyebrow” over the headlamp.
- NEW tail light is smaller and has a new shape with a bright, low maintenance LED element.
- NEW Front suspension rates are re-tuned to match the new tyre/wheel combination. 39mm front fork with 30 degree rake
- Polished forward foot controls.
- Coil-over pre-load adjustable rear shocks.
- Two-up seat is standard. Laden seat height is 67.5 cm.
- The 17-litre fuel tank offers long riding range.
Harley-Davidson Motor Company produces heavyweight custom, cruiser and touring motorcycles and offers a complete line of Harley-Davidson motorcycle parts, accessories, riding gear and apparel, and general merchandise. For more information, visit Harley-Davidson's Web site at www.harley-davidson.com.